Friday, October 17, 2014

Projects Unit 1

Hello everyone!
Here are my projects about unit 1 "Historical Roots of Contemporary Spain"




This is a project about a Paleolithic Site, I have chosen Elephant Pit, you can find it in the Trinchera del Ferrocarril, located in La Sierra de Atapuerca, Spain.





This one is also about a site, but It is about a Neolithic Site, I have chosen Nerja Cave, located in Málaga, Spain.




In this task I summarize the last discoveries from Prehistory that were found in the Iberian Peninsula.




This last project is about a short biography of some important kings and people from the Metal Ages Kingdoms in the Iberian Peninsula, they are Gargoris, Habis, Arganthonios and Hamilcar Barca.

The most interestig pojects for me have been the one about a Paleolithic site (the first one), and the one that tells about the last discoveries from Prehistory in the Iberian Peninsula (the third one).

I enjoyed the first one because while I was looking for  information about it, I discovered that paleontologists have sometimes a very hard work, because they have to rebuild each part they find piece by piece, and sometimes it takes a long period of time (over 20 years).

I enjoyed also the third one because I have discovered that nowadays there are still undiscovered objects from ancient periods in the Iberian Peninsula, and I have  also learnt that it is very important to invest money in archaeological investigations.

You will enjoy them! And sorry for my grammar mistakes!
See you in class on Monday! ;)

2 comments:

Paqui Pérez Fons said...

Well done, Pilar!

You could add something about what you have liked most, the most interesting contents for you...

Have a nice weekend!

Paqui Pérez Fons said...

WEll done again, Pilar. There are no grammar mistakes. Only one spelling mistake, but I've already corrected it.

I agree with you: science needs investments and a lot of patience and this is something that makes them so vulnerable when they depend on politicians, who want quick results and media impact events, like Formula 1 Grand Prix or inaugurating useless buildings and infrastructures. I dream of a country where science and knowledge were appreciated. In this country the Atapuerca team would have money and time to excavate as much time as they would and the same with scientists.

Good work!